To celebrate the launch of our shiny new weekly email newsletter, Music Notes, we are offering you the chance to win a signed hardback copy of Lol Tolhurst’s Cured: The Tale of Two Imaginary Boys.
Simply sign up for the ARTISTdirect Music Notes email by entering your details in this link or the one below, and you could be selected to receive Lol Tolhurst’s memoir for your reading pleasure and future mantlepiece display. It’s a must-have for any Cure fan, so it could be a very special keepsake, or the perfect gift for that special goth in your life…
OFFICIAL RULES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- ELIGIBILITY: The ARTISTdirect Cured Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry . Employees of ARTISTdirect (“Company”), and their respective parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Company’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- COMPANY: ARTISTdirect with offices at 1450 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401, USA
- TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on October 13, 2016 at 5pm Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on October 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received before October 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Company’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://confirmsubscription.com/h/i/913958C53F43EFB2. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, age, email address, hometown, state and musical preferences. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Company. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Company.
- WINNER DETERMINATION AND VERIFICATION: Company’s decisions as to the selection of potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Company will randomly select the single Sweepstakes winner, from all eligible entries received, on or about November 1, 2016. The winner will be notified by email after random drawing has been conducted within twenty-four (24) hours following selection of winner. Company shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- WINNERS All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from acceptance of the Grand Prize in this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. In the event that a potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Company may at its sole discretion award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will consist of a signed hardback copy of Cured: The Tale of Two Imaginary Boys, delivered to the winner via U.S. Mail. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Company. Company reserves the right to substitute a prize or component thereof for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” without any warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind, expressed or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Company will not replace any prize that is lost, stolen or used without permission. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person per month.
- RELEASE: By receipt of any prize, Winners agrees to release and hold harmless Company and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use, nonuse or misuse of any prize.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Company’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further notice, payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Company reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Company in its sole discretion. In such event, Company, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing for any or all of the prizes offered herein from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance to the extent reasonably possible and practical in light of the termination. Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Company’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Company reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS’ LIST: The names of the winner may be posted online at: http://www.artistdirect.com and/or http://www.artistdirectinterviews.com or in the ARTISTdirect Music Notes newsletter after all winners are confirmed.